WE ARE RECRUITING
An exciting opportunity to be part of our journey as a Foundation Governor. Are you a practising Catholic who would like to develop your leadership skills, as a Foundation Governor, in one of our Emmaus MAC schools?
If the answer is yes, then, read on……
Being a Foundation Governor in a Catholic school is very rewarding and a great way
to live out your faith and serve your community. It is also an opportunity to learn
new skills which can have a positive impact on your own self-development.
“I truly believe that no school can perform well over a sustained period of time
without effective governance”.
Lord Theodore Agnew, as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for schools
The research report, Professional Development through Governance, June 2019,
finds that there is a high degree of transferability of skills between employee-
governors’ governance and professional roles.
Criteria to become a Foundation Governor:
• a practising Catholic
• able to obtain a reference from the Priest in the Parish where you regularly
• you may not serve as a Foundation Governor in an Emmaus Catholic MAC
school where you are related to a staff member or Governor.
We will support you with:
• the opportunity for taster sessions (3 meetings as a visiting observer)
• comprehensive training and induction
- Hagley Catholic High School
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School, Harborne
- Our Lady & St Hubert’s Catholic Primary School, Oldbury
- St Ambrose Catholic Primary School, Kidderminster
- St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School, Oldbury
- St Gregory’s Catholic Primary School, Smethwick
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School. Stourbridge
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Brierley Hill
- St Philip’s Catholic Primary School, Smethwick
- St Wulstan’s Catholic Primary School, Stourport
Interested? Contact Suzanne Horan, Catholic Senior Executive Leader on
email@example.com for further information and to book a taster session.